Building the Academy of Social Sciences and Humanities (ASHA) in India
The India Platform is building an academy for social sciences and humanities in India. The main goals of this academy are:
(1) to renew the social science curricula in Karnataka by
- training teachers and students in innovative research and education,
- creating new syllabi,
- involving the best international scholars,
(2) to introduce social science modules in engineering colleges in Karnataka,
(3) to replicate the same in other states of India.
With these goals in mind, multiple activities and projects are taking place. For more information about ĀSHA, click here.